Pricing is per square inch. To figure out the approximate cost for quilting, measure the length and width of your quilt. Multiply these together to get the total square inches. Then, multiply the cost level you would like.
i.e.: 48 x 60 = 2,880 sq inches. 2880 x $0.015 (basic quilting) = $43.20
Then add in any extras. Please note that every quilt will be charged the thread and needle charges, so you can automatically add on $4.
Sales tax will be added on materials only (thread, needle, and any batting purchased from me).
MINIMUM QUILTING CHARGE – $35 for quilts smaller than 2,350 sq in
BASIC QUILTING – starting from $0.015/sq in
- Edge-to-Edge and pantographs (price varies depending on complexity)
- 1 Block design combined with up to 2 border designs
- Basic stitch-in-the-ditch (in lieu of an edge-to-edge or other design)
- Please note: this is foundational stitch-in-the-ditch or widely spaced horizontal/vertical line quilting (6 inches or greater) ONLY
BASIC CUSTOM QUILTING – starting from $0.02/sq in
- Basic ruler work
- Basic cross-hatching (2 inch grid or larger)
- Similar block designs with up to 4 border designs
- Intermediate stitch-in-the-ditch
- Includes horizontal/vertical line quilting (5-1/2 inches to 2 inches apart)
CUSTOM QUILTING – starting from $0.03/sq in
- Intricate ruler/template work
- Cross-hatching (1-1/2 inch grid or smaller)
- Multiple custom block designs with up to 6 border designs
- Heavy stitch-in-the-ditch
- Includes horizontal/vertical line quilting (less than 2 inches apart)
INTERPRETIVE QUILTING – starting from $0.05/sq in
- Unlimited block/border designs
- Heavy ruler/template work
- Intricate quilting, including multiple backgrounds and fillers
HOBBS HEIRLOOM 80/20 COTTON/POLY BATTING – $12.99/YD (price as of 6/1/2019)
PELLON 100% COTTON BATTING – $12.99/YD (price as of 8/1/2019)
BATTING MAY BE PROVIDED BY THE CLIENT AT NO CHARGE
- Please do not bring high loft batting greater than 1 inch in loft, as the machine cannot stitch nicely on this
ADDITIONAL BATTING BRANDS/TYPES MAY BE PURCHASED AT REQUEST OF CLIENT BY THE QUILTER. FULL RETAIL PRICE WILL BE CHARGED FOR THIS.
I typically use So Fine! threads by Superior Threads. These are solid colors, and are a 50wt, 3-ply polyester thread with a matte finish. For available colors, please contact the quilter.
- First 3 colors – $3/quilt
- Additional colors – $2/color per quilt
- Each quilt has a minimum $3 thread charge per quilt
- Size varies depending on quilt material
- All sizes – $1/needle
- Each quilt gets a NEW NEEDLE to maintain stitch quality
- Seam repair – from $5
- Seam batting pieces together – $5/hr, minimum $5 charge
- Seam backing together
- Cotton fabric – $10/seam
- Minky or other heavy materials – $15/seam
RUSH CHARGES PROVIDED FOR EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES ONLY. PLEASE CONTACT THE QUILTER TO DISCUSS THESE OPTIONS.
- Crib/craft, Throw, or Twin size quilts 72 x 90 and smaller – $40/quilt
- Full or queen size quilts 90 x 108 and smaller – $60/quilt
- King size quilts 91 x 109 and larger – $80/quilt
BASIC BINDING – $0.04/linear inch
- Prepare the binding only.
- The quilter will cut the binding strips, sew them together, and iron the binding flat for the client to attach and bind as desired.
INTERMEDIATE BINDING – $0.075/linear inch
- Prepare the binding and attach it to the quilt front only, using the longarm machine.
- The quilter will prepare the binding and attach it to the front of the quilt during the quilting process, using the longarm machine.
- It is the responsiblity of the client to finish the binding edges (the tail end of the binding)
- The client can then either machine or hand stitch the binding themselves
FULL BINDING – $0.15/linear inch
- Prepare the binding, attach it to the front of the quilt, and then hand finish the binding on the back.
- The quilter will prepare the binding and attach it to the front of the quilt during the quilting process.
- The quilter will finish the ends of the binding using a domestic sewing machine.
- The quilter will hand stitch the binding to the back of the quilt using a coordinating thread.