Pricing is per square inch. To figure out the approximate cost for quilting, measure the length and width of your quilt. Multiply these together to get the total square inches. Then, multiply the cost level you would like.
Sales tax may be applicable. Current sales tax rate: 7.15%
PRICING – Effective Jan 1, 2023
MINIMUM QUILTING CHARGE – $70 for quilts smaller than 2,350 sq in
BASIC QUILTING – starting from $0.03/sq in
- Edge-to-Edge and pantographs (price varies depending on complexity, see Galleries for options and pricing)
SEMI-CUSTOM QUILTING – starting from $0.05-$0.075/sq in
- Consultation required
- Pricing depends on complexity of desired quilting designs/motifs
CUSTOM QUILTING – starting from $0.10/sq in
- Includes ruler work
- *NOTE – ruler work is only charged at the custom rate due to level of difficulty and time required*
- Unlimited block/border designs
- Intricate quilting, including multiple backgrounds and fillers
HOBBS HEIRLOOM 80/20 COTTON/POLY BATTING – $16.99/YD (price as of 7/1/2022)
PELLON 100% COTTON BATTING – $18.99/YD (price as of 7/1/2022 – currently OUT OF STOCK)
FAIRFIELD 80/20 COTTON/POLY BATTING (price as of 7/1/2022)
- CRIB SIZE – 45X60 – $19.99
- TWIN SIZE – 72X90 – $31.99
- FULL SIZE – 81X96 – $37.99
- QUEEN SIZE – 90X108 – $43.99
- KING SIZE – 120X120 – $44.99
BATTING MAY BE PROVIDED BY THE CLIENT AT NO CHARGE
- Please do not bring high loft batting greater than 1 inch in loft, as the machine cannot stitch nicely on this
ADDITIONAL BATTING BRANDS/TYPES MAY BE PURCHASED AT REQUEST OF CLIENT BY THE QUILTER. FULL RETAIL PRICE WILL BE CHARGED FOR THIS.
I typically use So Fine! threads by Superior Threads. These are solid colors, and are a 50wt, 3-ply polyester thread with a matte finish. For available colors, please contact the quilter.
- First color – $5/quilt
- Additional colors – $3/color per quilt
- Each quilt has a minimum $5 thread charge per quilt, regardless of quilt size
- All sizes – $2/needle
- Each quilt gets a NEW NEEDLE to maintain stitch quality
- Seam repair – from $5
- Seam batting pieces together – $15/hr, minimum $15 charge
- Seam backing together
- Cotton fabric – $15/seam
- Minky or other heavy materials – $25/seam
Rush charges are currently not offered.
BASIC BINDING – $0.075/linear inch
- Prepare the binding only.
- The quilter will cut the binding strips, sew them together, and iron the binding flat for the client to attach and bind as desired.
INTERMEDIATE BINDING – $0.15/linear inch
- Prepare the binding and attach it to the quilt front only, using the longarm machine.
- The quilter will prepare the binding and attach it to the front of the quilt during the quilting process, using the longarm machine.
- It is the responsiblity of the client to finish the binding edges (the tail end of the binding)
- The client can then either machine or hand stitch the binding themselves